Thursday, November 03, 2011

time with beckett

Photobucket

since atticus started preschool last month
i get three mornings a week alone with this sweet boy
and i love it

Photobucket

i know i keep mentioning it, but i'm really suffering from that about-to-have-a-new-baby
and-beck-won't-be-my-little-baby-anymore syndrome
advice, please!

i just want him to always cuddle me
and be the sweet little guy running around the house giggling

Photobucket

he's recently started singing his two favortie songs all day long:
the itsy bitsy spider, with the tiny finger spider climbing, climbing
and twinkle twinkle little star

i can't believe how well he knows the words,
surely from listening to atticus and i sing all day

also a couple weeks ago i was putting on his shoes and said, "oooone"
when i put on the first shoe
and he responded "twooooo"
so i said, "threeeee," he said "fouuur"
and we made it all the way to ten!
i couldn't believe it!
the kid can count!
when did this happen?

Photobucket

Photobucket

so in the spirit of growing up i decided that it was time to cut the hair
we let atticus' grow until he turned two, but his curled more so was less stringy
beck's has just sort of gone straight so was getting a little shaggy
but i admit, i've loved the shag
this was a hard step for me

so first we did a little photo shoot in the backyard so i could record the baby hair

Photobucket

then i carefully tied a little bow around his baby curls and snipped them off
um, and sort of left a gaping hole...

Photobucket

so it was off to the barber

Photobucket

he did fantastic, not a peep
i, on the other hand, sort of cringed all the way through it
and the stylist - she butchered him before i could stop her

Photobucket

and now he's a shorty shorty
and i'm kind of sad
because he looks like he's 14 years old
honestly, i spent all day trying to get used to it...hasn't happened yet

Photobucket

he wasn't all that interested in post-haricut pictures
but you get the jist
short

Photobucket

at one point this afternoon he was walking away from me wrapped in his favorite blankie
and i almost said, "hey kid, don't steal my baby's blankie."
then i realized that kid was my baby

here's my current state of mind - i regret the cut :(
but i've got to grow up sometime
and i guess that means letting my little boy grow up too

Photobucket

when we picked up atticus from school he was so excited and said,
"beck! you're hair is like mine now!!!"

Photobucket

i guess i have two big boys on my hands

Photobucket

sorry for all my blubbering...
the good news is that hair grows! woo hoo!
let's blame it on the prego hormones and call it good, shall we?
thanks!

4 comments:

becky said...

i think he is cute. My mom cut Syd's hair about a month ago and I had to have her do it when I wasn't home. She only cut 2 inches off and it is still down to her waist but still. I think I need her to cut a little bit more off but am waiting till after I have the baby to do so.

Crazy Lady said...

Love the hair but its always an adjustment for the mom. Takes me a few days before I realize it's much better too.

Just think the best gift u can give your kids is a sibling. So beck is lucky.

In our family I have to teach my littles how to be independent because I'll need them to be when the baby comes. Like getting seatbelts on themselves and food or a drink. Paisley got booted out of her crib real early kinda sad. But beck talking is amazing! Ya we all got guilt about something ...just channel your inner president uchtdorf (spell?) and he would say not to beat ourselves up so much.

MaryClaire said...

He'll always be yours even if he's not your youngest anymore. He'll still want to snuggle you, and you'll still want to snuggle him. The great thing is...you're having a girl, so even after she's born Beckett will still be your baby boy! Just start calling him that and you won't have to change a thing when little miss gets here. He does look so big with his haircut. Lately, people keep telling me that Dylan looks so grown up, and I want to punch them when they say that...he's not growing up people, he's still my baby, I want to scream. But, I refrain, and just say, "I know." with a pouty face.

Julia said...

um, he was sort of near mullet, but still cute until you jacked the back. That boy was deserving a a professional cut and he looks adorable.