Tuesday, March 22, 2011

back to the blog

i suppose eleven days can rightly constitute a break from the blog.
things have been busy around these parts but first a word on the anti-bloggies...

i really love blogging for lots of reasons that i'm too lazy to explain right now...
but i'm sure you have reasons you love blogging too and can pretend they're the same as mine
so that we're all on the same page, yes? ok...but, sometimes when i find that i'm spending too
much time on the computer, and often spending a lot of that time reading about the
"Glamorous Lives of Others" and perhaps wallowing in my own glamorouslessness,
or perhaps spending too much time dwelling in fake life on the computer
instead of living in real life...
it's usually a good idea to take a little break from the blogging world,
know what i mean?
basically the need to be more present in my life
as well as more productive come into play here.

so sometimes i have to take a step back to remember why i blog to begin with,
which is of course, to record the glamorous and more often the non-glamorous moments of my daily life.
to keep a record of my little family.
to hold on to the precious moments that my brain is
otherwise too cluttered too remember on its own.
to notice and record the small moments that make up this crazy and busy life
that is flying by much too quickly.

basically, to count my blessings
because there are many

i like to share
and i'm grateful you're here to read
so...it's back to blogging i go

there's a lot of catch-up but for now
i want to record things atticus has been saying lately
because he's hilarious and i love what he says
and as already stated: my brain is too cluttered to remember each detail on it's own

Photobucket

as i've blogged about before, back in my therapist days i really loved interpreting dreams.
it might seem like a bunch of new age huey but it's actually pretty cool and i've always looked forward to when my kids are old enough to tell me about their dreams. i often ask atticus about his but until recently he hasn't really been able to remember or explain them to me. however the other day i went into his room after nap time and he was so excited telling me all about some kind of craziness. i finally figured out that he was telling me about the dream that he had just had.
he said,

"mom! there was spaceship rocket
that went way high up in the sky
up to a tower in the clouds
and popped all the balloons!"

he told me all about it
acted it out
made kaboom and kablamy sound effects
and was real excited
and so was i. i loved it.

he talked about it for a few days
it was his first dream he could tell me about
and i'm excited to bust out the ole dream analysis skills and hope i don't discover some kind of
deep rooted unconscious trauma inflicted upon my poor children by my parental efforts.
but mostly i just want to enjoy the creativity of their little minds.
like spaceship rockets popping balloons

speaking of my parental efforts
we are all about "pleases" and "thank you's" and "may i's..." around here
as i am on an all out manners-teaching campaign these days
and atticus is getting really good at it, so much so that
he doesn't quite understand yet that there is a time and place for manners
and just because you have good manners doesn't mean you'll always get what you want.
i especially emphasize the "may i have a ____, please" which often backfires on me.

my most recent favorite:

i say,
"atticus, please come lay down so i can change your diaper."
(which is another story, that goes something like this: i haven't potty trained him yet)
atticus considers my request, says,
"ummmm, no thank you mom."
and runs away
i say,
"no atticus, this isn't something you can say no thank you to."
atticus looks at my thoughtfully
with the wheels turning in his head
and says,
"may i have a 'no thank you' please?"

this is usually when i say something real mom-lame-ish like
"thank you for being polite, but you still have to do what i say"
in true "because i'm the mom, that's why" fashion.

which pretty much brings me back to where i started, why i blog
because i'm the mom
and these precious moments with these little crazies
need to be remembered

thanks for reading!
.ta.

2 comments:

Gramma Dani said...

These memories will be such a treasure to you!!! Keep on blogging - because that gives us the treasure too... :-)

Bronwyn James said...

i love this! Henry does the same thing with M&M's for dinner. No matter how many times he says please I just can't give in to that request. Though sometimes I do.