Thursday, December 02, 2010

woke up under the weather, again

super beck slept through the night again, which is great
the problem is that i didn't sleep through the night
this, my friends, is the definition of irony

the little man crawled over to say hi this morning
while i was laying on the floor wishing i were asleep in bed
Photobucket

atticus and i made our super hearty, healthy pancakes for breakfast this morning.
i sort of made up the recipe, just added a bunch of super foods so that i know that atticus is at least starting his day with some good nutrition since my three year old is a self-proclaimed anti-eater. anyway, we often make a batch early in the week then heat them up during the week for breakfast. wanna try?
Photobucket

ok

whole wheat oatmeal pancakes

2 c whole wheat flour
1 c oats
1 mashed banana
2 eggs
1 T canola oil
2 t baking powder
1 t salt
2-3 c milk
1/4 c wheat germ
1/4 c crushed walnuts
1 T cinnamon

i soak the oats in the milk for a few minutes before adding the rest of the ingredients. i also vary the amount of milk depending on how thick/thin i want the batter. add brown sugar if it's too bland for you. i leave out the sugar because atticus usually eats his with maple syrup and peanut butter. these suckers will stick to your ribs and fill you up! perfect for a chilly winter morn!
.enjoy.

so then after breakfast atticus and i put beck down for a nap
then we
chased around the house
hide from the dragon
tip toe snuck up on the dragon with flashlights
attached a tail to my jean so atticus could pull me around
played with lots and lots of trucks
built little houses out of books
played super hero jump-flying off the couch
tickled and snuggled
until i was beat
and could finally talk him into watching curious george
which he actually called curious george instead of "ah ah" (monkey sound) for the first time
it was cute
but kind of made me sad
growing up so fast

.ta.
ps - any anti-insomnia tips you're dying to share?

4 comments:

Allison said...

Melatonin and/or Benadryl usually work for me...although I tossed and turned until midnight last night. It's brutal when your baby is asleep and you're wide awake, no?

anna said...

Amberli, your family is growing up so fast! I loved catching up on your blog. Your Thanksgiving looks so fun! I am glad things are going well in Vegas.

good luck with the insomnia - I got it so badly after Claire. I tried warm milk before bed. I tried exercise. I finally got medication. Good luck!

MaryClaire said...

so cute and thanks for the great recipe. i'm also big on getting my kids to eat a healthy hearty breakfast, so we'll definitely be trying that one. as for the insomnia...i had it so bad with my last pregnancy, and my dr. told me to take tylenol pm. i usually only had to take 1 and it would help me get to sleep, stay asleep, but not make it impossible to wake up in the morning. plus, it's super mild so you don't have to feel bad if your still nursing or anything. hope you get a good night sleep tonight!

Keleigh, Cecilia and Family said...

valerian root. its amazing!!!