Monday, April 12, 2010

my dearest boston,

well my friend, we’ve had a good run. sadly, now we must part ways. i’ve seen a lot of friends come and go in our time here and now it’s my turn to say goodbye. i’ve loved you more than i ever would have guessed. you’re beautiful and lovely and charming and quaint. you’ve supported me through my ups and downs and i’m leaving you a better person than you found me five years ago. i’m a different person now, maybe even a touch Bostonian, minus the accent…and the red sox obsession…but i have watched fireworks from the esplanade and measured the distance run in smoots across the mass ave bridge and obtained my coral colored gurgling cod. i’ve been a cambridge DINK and a JP Mom and have loved every minute of it.

i’ve said all my goodbyes to all my friends and favorite places and now it’s time to say goodbye to you. thanks for the love boston, you won't be forgotten.

until we meet again
farewell
...
central square, cambrigde
stony brook, JP
.ta.

3 comments:

Gramma Dani said...

Are you shedding some tears? I am...

Aubrey said...

Travel safely. Boston will miss you too.

Julie Miller said...

It makes me sad to think of Goodbyes to Boston. I am still having a really hard time. I hope your move goes well!