Monday, March 29, 2010

boston mccoys ==> vegas mccoys


well peeps, the time has come. after five years of living in and loving boston we're headed out of here. we've wanted to move closer to family for a while now and suddenly, almost out of the clear blue sky, we've been given the opportunity - so we're outtie! darek was offered a position as an elvis impersonator in viva las vegas, so sin city here we come! (i'm kidding! he got a real job. true: that i heart elvis. false: that i'm married to an elvis impersonator!) the interview and job offer process went really quickly and today he put in two weeks notice which means we are on our two week count down to leaving new england. my heart is so torn as i really love it here but alas warm weather and affordable housing call. we felt a little worried about getting all the details taken care of in two short weeks but within 24 hours of accepting the job offer we've been able to sell our car and our apartment contract as well as start making arrangments for flights and shipping our stuff out west - so things are coming together and we are feeling like it's all meant to be. only a short 23 minutes hence the lovely bosnian woman who bought our car took the keys out of my hands, got in my car and drove away never to be seen again. i maybe wanted to shed a tear or two as i saw my beloved rodeo drive away and admit that i resisted running to get my video camera and filming the ordeal through the window blinds. it was a sad moment...those are bound to come as we say goodbye to everyone and all that we love here in boston but on a day like today - when i wake up to rainy, cold, grey skies i feel pretty good about this whole sitch. i've never been much of a desert girl but let me tell you how five winters in boston have been plenty to make a desert girl out of me! we'll keep you posted!

14 comments:

Kara Camille said...

I love the desert for one reason--it's sunny just about every day of the year. And I need the sun, it makes me happy. So pretty much, the desert makes me happy! We're so happy to have you join us in Sin City!!

Gramma Dani said...

Wow!!! Must be meant to be - but what will you do without a car for 2 weeks???

Bonnie said...

Congrats again, we're going to miss you guys. And I personally thing Darek would make a great Elvis impersonator. :) We definitely need to see you guys before you leave. Should we get together for a CAM 1st farewell?

Crazy Lady said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Todd, Rach & Audrey said...

Congrats on the move - that's quite a change! I've been loving reading about your adventures in 2 baby-ville. Craziness, right? and so fun. Love ya!

Bronwyn James said...

Wow, so sudden! If I were living in Boston I might have a real problem with this news, but as I'm nowhere near Boston, I'm very happy for you! I'm sure your families are stoked too. Congrats!!

Julia said...

so glad you'll be closer to me.

Enjoy the ride lady.

Mama Thompson said...

yeah for a new job in a warmer place...yeah for living closer to family...yeah for it all working out so smoothly...yeah you will only be 6 hours away and I am determined for our boys to play together!!!! congrats!

Stacey said...

I second what Kara said. So glad you'll be close!!

Ambrosia said...

You will be closer to me. Wahoo!!! It does seem that everything was meant to be for sure. I am glad to hear that everything is working out so well. Happy (and smooth) moving!

dixonfamily said...

Amberli, Congrats on beautiful beckett and the new job in Vegas!! I am just so excited for your family!!
What a blessing to get a job in this economy. I can't wait to see how you like Nevada.
Anyway, congrats and good luck with the next few weeks.
Thanks for all you did for us while we were in Boston. We'll miss seeing you the next time we are up there, which hopefully won't be for a while.

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

Congrats on the new job and the venture west. You will surely miss Boston, but everyone I know who lives in Vegas loves it. I am sad about your move since I already had a trip planned to visit you in April 2011 for the Boston marathon! Sure you don't want to stay for another winter and spring that never comes? Haha, I will miss having a personal tour guide of the city (I'm sure you aren't sick of that job, lol), but I will kiss Boston hello for you :) Good luck!!!

Julie Miller said...

Keep me posted on how the move goes! I hope you stay more sane then I did! Good luck, I wish I could offer some help!! Maybe we'll run into each other out west!

james and andrea said...

I am SO happy for you guys. Boston will always be where you had your first two babies and will always be their home town. Isn't that amazing? I'm so thrilled for you, Amberli, to be closer to family and in more agreeable weather. You always make the best out of everything and you're sure to just love every minute. Yay! xoxo, me (Andre'a...not James, that would be weird).