Thursday, February 25, 2010

roper genes vs. mccoy genes
...
people keep asking if the boys look alike...honestly i can't totally tell. when atticus was born it was so obvious that he was darek's son no one would ever dare challenge my fidelity. in the first few moments of beckett's life i felt a faint glimmer of hope that perhaps this child i had lovingly housed in my womb for 39 weeks may actually have some kind of physical resemblance to me. my mom felt the same glimmer of hope when she saw beck's first few pictures but alas upon closer examination perhaps all he inherited from me was my chubby face. what do you think?
...

i don't have a newborn picture of darek so it may just remain a mystery for now, but i have a sneaking suspiscion that as time goes on the mccoy genes will rise victorious once again. i think this officially makes me a mccoy baby incubator.

i checked through newborn pictures of atticus to make some comparisons. i don't know how well the pictures show it but when i see beck sleeping he looks a lot like his big brother. to be fair to atticus i had to look at pics of him a few weeks old as he came home from the hospital a measily 7 lbs, more than a pound and a half less than what his brother weighs at the same age.

happily both boys are equally adept in creating the classic newborn old man face, although i haven't caught a great one of beck's on camera yet. darek kindly refers to this face as the "benjamin button" face...

6 comments:

Crazy Lady said...

I love looking at the comparisons and analyzing baby genes. seriously i'm kind of obsessed with figuring who people look like.

i think beckett only looks a teeny tiny like his brother. you have won amberli for sure... claim your victory. so far I have one clear win. it is very strange when your kids don't look like you and you are expecting them to don't you think? when darby was born i was like, this is MY BABY?

EXCEPT that beckett looks VERY SIMILAR to my mccoys babies so much I think he should be one! like him and Darby for sure (and she looks just like Erin! more than Erin's own kids in my opinion). i need to send you some darby's pics to confirm. seriously though, genes are crazy.

by the way, i'm always changing my mind too

bottom line is though good thing those mccoy kids are cute I tell you! Or else we'd want our money back!

Nikki said...

First picture I saw I thought "hey, he looks more like a Roper." That was my first impression since Atticus is for sure a mini Darek. I feel the same way when I'd see the new baby. I'd think, hey, give me a shot, maybe, just maybe they might look like me. But, in this debate, while there are similarities and we all know how quickly a newborns looks change, I think there's a glimmer of hope for some Amberli traits. :) Good mix with a little lean towards you. Happy comparing!

Margaret said...

I think you may have a chance here--he could turn out to look like you. BTW, you were totally adorable as a newborn. Hope things are going well. Holler when you need help, we're at the ready.

Penelope said...

cute. cute. cute.

super super cute!

(what type of camera do you have -- you have such great pictures!?)

Bronwyn James said...

I'm not sure I see you in him yet, but he looks nothing like Atticus. One thing is for sure though, you guys produce beautiful babies! :)

Marissa L. Swinghammer said...

Yup he totally looks like you! How exciting. But no matter what he is gorgeous.

Nobody dared challenge Alex's paternity because of her big daddy sized head.