Sunday, February 21, 2010

~ introducing ~
beckett halo mccoy

...
.born.february.nineteenth.
.weighing.eight.pounds.six.ounces.
.twenty.and.one.half inches.long.
...
...
we got home from the hospital today and are so glad to be together as a little family. i'm taking it as a good sign that atticus loved the gifts that beckett "brought" him and even offered his new little brother his football to play with when we got home. i'll keep my fingers crossed that this kindness continues, although i'll also be realistic and expect some challenges.
...
so last thursday i had contractions all afternoon but when they petered out by 8:30 i decided i'd "get a good night's rest" and go to bed early. yeah, right - as if that' s happened since the day i concieved. by 9:30 the contractions were back on and much stronger. poor darek got home from playing basketball just before midnight, hoping to head to bed, only to have pregnant wife pacing the apartment with heavy contractions. at 1:20 exactly i had a contraction that convinced me that unless i wanted to have this baby at home we needed to head to the hospital asap! it was fun to speed through red lights on a totally abandoned jamaica way (usually full of traffic). when we got to the hospital i was so so happy to find out that i was dialated to a SEVEN! woo hoo! i knew all that hard work contracting wouldn't go to waste. so after the miracle epidural was in (heaven!) and darek and i snoozed for a bit, beckett arrived after 20 minutes of pushing - what can i say? i'm built like my mom and my babies come fast! it was love at first sight! darek brought atticus to the hosptial a few times to hang out and i was so happy to have all my boys together. i won't lie though - i'm still managing this emotional adjustment to having another baby and all the feelings that come with trying to imagine balancing time between kids, etc. i'd love your advice.
...
but i've also got t say
i'm loving having a newborn in my life again
it's so good for my soul!
...
so after a hospital stay that was so significantly more pleasant that the last one (really, it was so much easier the second time around! PHEW!) we're home and so far surviving. i'm already recovering more quickly than the first time as well which is so nice.
...
and because i know many of you are wondering
yes, it's true that beckett seems to be (and hopefully is) an "angel baby"
and my delivery (read: epidural) was heavenly
but those factors were not the inspiration of his middle name
...
HALO
was my grandpa's name
...
atticus' middle name wesley is my other grandpa's name
as well as one of darek's great+ grandpa's name
and his brother brandon's middle name
so we continued with the middle name/family name theme
...
plus you know we dig unique names, so it works for us
and i especially love the symbolism
...
needless to say ~ more pics to come...

19 comments:

MaryClaire said...

Yay for you and your growing family of boys. I'm so excited (and a bit jealous knowing I still have over a month left) for you to have that little guy in your arms and out of your belly. You'll love having 2, and don't stress about it...it'll come and they'll all adjust. the good thing is that newborns are sleepy, so when beckett (a name i love btw) is sleeping take some time to give atticus the attention he needs. You're an awesome mom, from what I can tell, and those boys are so blessed to be yours.

Julie Miller said...

Way to go, Amberli! I am so impressed that you already blogged. you are the woman! He is so adorable!

Allison said...

He's so precious! I LOVE his name. Congrats, congrats, congrats. Sorry I don't have any advice on how to handle two--I'm freaking out about having one! You'll do great.

familia Bybaran said...

Congratulations! I am so glad that the second time around was so much easier. It was the same for me. I love reading your posts because they make me excited to have my baby. He's adorable!

Gramma Dani said...

He is s-o-o-o beautiful! I see a little bit of you in him - something about his mouth. Reading about your labor and delivery are a BIG deja vu! So glad everything went well and you're all home.

laura said...

Hurrah! Congratulations! I am glad to hear that things went so well. We are so happy for you guys. Wishing you some sleep... (ha, ha!?).

Miggy said...

Congrats again. What a little sweetie.

I'm too starting to get a little nervous about doing it all again and with 2{!} but when I see sweet little newborn pictures, it makes me excited....and makes me realize how quickly it goes by.

Good luck!

Crazy Lady said...

He is so cute. Beckett wahoo!

Aubrey said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful and I'm so glad that everything went well.

Julia said...

Love his squishy face. Congrats on your new addition. Don't fret, just enjoy, it will all work out I promise.

Me said...

He's gorgeous! And I LOVE his name! Enjoy baby bliss!:-)

Bronwyn James said...

He's just perfect! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

Rachel said...

He is beautiful! Seriously. And glad to hear your labor and recover went/are going so well. That's a bonus.
Can't wait to meet him.

Stacey said...

Congratulations, little family! We're so excited for you. Honestly, having two little guys around the house WAS a bit of an adjustment for me at first but now when I see them together, enjoying each other, my heart cannot feel any happier. Really.

Love his name!

jakenapril said...

Congrats, Amberli and family! He is such a darling boy...and I love, love, love his name! Beckett was on my list too, but the husband nixed it. :(
So happy for you all...and big brother Atticus! Enjoy!

KamilahNYC said...

He is super dreamy and cute! Can't wait to hold and snuggle him. So fun! Congrats to you both!

Jonina said...

Congratulations! He is a fabulously darling little boy. A speedy recovery to you!

Kara Camille said...

Congrats McCoy family! He looks perfect. And I love his round little face. Big babies are happy babies--atleast that's what everyone told me, and it seemed to be true. Little Beckett and Clay now share the same birthday. Wish we could meet the little fella.

Likely said...

AHHHHHHHH!!!!! So stinking cute!!! Congrats Berli!

love you so much! I love that name. good choice my friend! Two boys are loads of fun. Call me if you are ever going insane. I will be here right along with you!