Sunday, January 24, 2010

this is no joke
...
i said to darek today: "i think my belly is as big as a basket ball."
darek said back to me: "um, i think you're belly's bigger than a basketball."
...
you decide
i think he's right...
.
last thursday atticus and i went to a playgroup at the community center. a little less-than-two-year old there who lives and breaths for baskestballs followed me around the whole time poking my belly, rubbing it, pointing to it, babbling about it, just sure i was hiding his beloved basketball under there. hm, awkward.
.
then friday i took atticus to a playspace at a mall where a 3 or 4-ish year old girl stared at me with confusion on her face before finally asking, "excuse me, what's under your shirt?" the confused looked only worsened when i told her i had a baby under there...she really had to resist the urge to lift up my shirt and check my facts.
.
this is getting out of hand!

14 comments:

Crazy Lady said...

that is the most awesome pic i have ever seen.

Leah said...

I ditto Crazy Lady, the kewelest my frient.

Mama Thompson said...

Nice one husband....:) Are there no other pregnant people in Boston?

Bronwyn James said...

This made me laugh out loud. I'd say the comparison is just about right. They look the same size to me. Oh, I so remember those last few weeks and how horribly awkward I felt all the time and the wide eyed stares I got from everyone thinking, "That woman needs to go into labor." You're as beautiful as ever though! Really, every time you post a picture of yourself I think how stunning you are. Best of luck! Love you!

Bonnie said...

haha!! I LOVE this. You are adorable and that is the coolest picture ever. I'm convinced you are going to have your baby before me...

Cagney and Laci said...

Okay, that is adorable! What a cute belly you have, I looked like an umpa loopa, you look adorable!

Annie Ditto said...

L.O.V.E. this! and I know why everyone is so confused...cause you're so skinny every where else! If you were a really big fat person, you wouldn't get any comments at all!! :) ha! ha!
Can't wait to see the dear babe!

Julia said...

I'd take a basketball over a beachball anyday. You look great.

familia Bybaran said...

That is a cute and perfect belly.

Nikki said...

Maybe Darek should try carrying that basketball around for a few days and see how it feels! Kidding. Either way, love the side by side effect! Hope you're feeling well. :)

Trisha said...

I LOVE this picture! What a cute belly you have!

Angela said...

That is so funny! With most of mine I was more square all the time from ribs to pelvis. People would say things like... you don't look pregnant, you just look like you gained 25 pounds. Yeah... that helps the self esteem. I love the basketball. I think its cute!! Good luck to you and the babe. Looks like you are following in my footsteps with the boy thing!!

Terese said...

That photo is hilarious! I love it. Your belly is the cutest!

Gramma Dani said...

Thas photo has to be your best one yet - definitely calendar material...