Wednesday, December 23, 2009

~*~ on the tenth day of christmas ~*~
my true love gave to me
~
ten christmas story riddles
~
i went through the ten christmas books that darek has given me
and listed a quote from each below so you can try to match them with the books they come from.
some are more obvious than others. the answers are at the bottom of the post. i made a deal with santa,
he agreed to bring you extra gifts if you got them all right. good luck!
.
the ten books are:
'Twas the Night Before Christmas
The Polar Express
A Charlie Brown Christmas
Snowmen at Christmas
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Look-A-Likes Christmas
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Riendeer
A Christmas Carol
The Nutcracker
My Penguin Osbert
.
and the ten quotes:
.
1. "There they met a Charlie-in-the-box,
a polka-dotted elephant,
a train with square wheels,
and many other toys that were just a little different."
.
2. "The cathedral will fill on Christmas Eve night
With the songs of the chior - and lollipop light."
.
3. "Though I've grown old, the bell still rings for me as it does for all who truly believe."
.
4. "God bless Us, Every One!"
.
5. "And the year before, I had really wanted a trampoline.
I wasn't sure how to spell it, so in my letter [to Santa],
I just sort of described what I wanted...
He sent me a pogo stick."
.
6. " 'Why, my sweet little tot,' the fake Santy Claus lied,
'There's a light on the tree that won't light on one side.
'So I'm taking it home to my workshop, my dear.
'I'll fix it up there. Then I'll bring it back here.' "
.
7. "He opens his sack
With a jolly 'Ho ho!'
And pulls out their presents
Each made of snow."
.
8. "When what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a miniature sleigh, and eight tiny reindeer."
.
9. "...and be careful. He'll crack your nuts for years,
but you must not abuse him."
.
10. "Before their very eyes it transformed into a beautiful Christmas tree."
~
Post Intermission:
i can't blog without telling you that The Nutcracker was absolutely magical last night. it felt so good to spend a few hours in fantasy land! i'm pretty sure i had a look of awe on my face the whole time. I LOVED IT! the dancing was stunning and the music was incredible!
thanks hub for taking me! you're a good santy claus!
.

.
answers:
1. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
2. Look-A-Likes Christmas
3. The Polar Express
4. A Christmas Carol
5. My Penguin Osbert
6. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
7. Snowmen at Christmas
8. 'Twas the Night Before Christmas
9. The Nutcracker
10. A Charlie Brown Christmas
~
and just in case you're not familiar with the "Look-A-Like" series, check them out HERE.
they are so fun to look at and find all the ordinary items they used to create the scenes.
i wish i had that job.
~
thanks for playing!

No comments: