Tuesday, December 22, 2009

~*~ on the ninth day of christmas ~*~
my true love gave to me
~
nine suggestions
to make your season merry and bright
~
1. watch joyeux noel
here's the trailer
~
~
2. make homemade oreos with the easiest recipe ever
1 box chocolate cake mix
1/3 c. oil
2 eggs
~
roll and flatten into oreo sized cookies
place on ungreased cookie sheet
bake for 7 minutes at 350
serve with vanilla frosting
~
~
3. start a new tradition
the year before we got married darek bought me How the Grinch Stole Christmas
and read it out loud to me. now every year he gets me a different children's christmas book,
let's me open it on christmas eve and reads it to me. i love it. i got my book early this year - The Nutcracker. we read it last night, and when i got to the end two tickets fell out...which brings me to number four
~
4. surprise your spouse with tickets to the nutcracker
(or some other fun date night)
i've been pregnant-lady-balleting all around the house today
in preparation for our outing tonight
~
~
5. as another tradition we also buy christmas ornaments
from everywhere we travel so that each christmas we can reminisce about our adventures.
this year's addition: a new york taxi cab
~
~
6. listen to christmas music
this is an obvious one...
here's a current favorite of mine
~
~
7. play in the snow with your two year old
there really is something magical about having a white christmas
~


~
8. another tradition: we have a christmas photo album
and each year we print a few pictures and add them to the album, then each year when we get out our decorations we can look through all our previous christmases together
~
~
9. and finally...
remember the reason for the season

~ our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ ~

2 comments:

Crazy Lady said...

one of my favorite posts. great ideas

Mama Thompson said...

I LOVE that last video...I made David download it and burn it to a DVD and I played it as part of my sharing time lesson on Sunday...so great! Have fun at the Nutcracker...I'm totally jealous!