Saturday, May 26, 2007

Just a couple of sickies!

Holy Crapoly! I don't know what kind of curse has fallen upon our humble abode but whatever it was I'm thanking my lucky stars that we're both on the mend. I'll save you the gory details for fear you may lose your lunch if I tell you too much but I will tell you that I have only been this sick on two previous occasions of my life: once when I had a concusion at the age of ten and a second time when I passed kidney stones at the age of 19 (a pleasant memory for Packer who was the lucky friend who took me to the hospital on the ocassion, driving my stick shift, which she didn't know how to do, and in snowboard boots nonetheless, not to mention we didn't know the way to the hospital! Plus she witnessed my desperate cries to my Higher Power questioning why I had to go through that pain. This is not an exaggeration people! For those of you unlucky souls who have also passed kidney stones I'm sure you can fully understand my total disconnect with reality and any sense of dignity as I screamed in horror and never thought twice about my hospital gown being totally open in the back!)

In any case, my previous post was entitled "Back from the dead" which is a more fitting title for this post as Darek and I have traveled to and from Hades this week and are now feeling happy and relieved to have rejoined the land of the living! Hope you are all happy and healthy!

4 comments:

Leah said...

Ew! Get well soon my frient!

An Ordinary Mom said...

So sorry to hear you guys have been deathly ill. I hope you stay on the mend!

Boss Lady said...

that sounds terrible! you guys beat us, we are sick, but not that sick. darby still hasn't recovered yet...food poisoning? Was that it? thats what yours sounds like!

Darek and Amberli said...

D: Montezuma's revenge was what it was! I haven't been that sick in years. Yeah, we think it was mild food poisoning...(I should encourage Amberli not to make the King Cobra casserole recipe anymore)