Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Boston City League Hoops

Amber's always trying to get me to post on our Blog, but I never have anything to blog about...so for my grand opening, I dedicate the following videos to my worshipers: Garlan, Brandon, Cannon, Rob, Jason, Spencer, Dad, Sharla, Marschell, and Erin...oh and Garlan again (waste!)...(Disclaimer to any non-McCoys reading today: my apologies ahead of time...this may get a little outta hand...I think we all started talking trash in the delivery room on our birthdays...it's just McCoy family tradition...so, please feel free to skip today's post)...
(give the videos a min to load)

#1

#1 Los McCoys el Rancho Not so Grande: to put this doozy in context, this was a monster TRE way late in the game, we're talking like under 2 mins left to play and we're only up a bucket or two...really close game the whole time. We're the only undefeated team in the league and this is the #2 team...lots at stake. So we're trying to fend off their late game rally...neither team could break it open and run away with it...until "Ice Veins" took matters into his own hands, or should I say Darek's patented "Sweet Water Tre J" (Brandon, don't even think about trying to use that, I just said it was patented). So I'm parked behind the arc waiting for someone to realize who the team hero is gonna be and dish it my way...finally my boy, Kent, gets the rebound and passes it out...notice the ZERO hesitation Garlan, you gotta learn this skill if you're ever gonna compete with kids older than Deacons. So anyway...it was huge.

#2

#2 BANGARANG PETER! That's all I can say about this triple early in the game...I had to leave my hand in the air for No. #15 in case he didn't see that one right in his eye. He was such a baby the whole game I couldn't even believe it...so it really felt good dropping this one on him.

#3
#3 1-and-1 Freethrows: (you gotta love Bonus at the end of the game)...I should sell basketball fundamentals videos. Magic and Nash's training tapes would have nothing on mine. See the form Rob? It's textbook. You couldn't genetically engineer a smoother stroke.

#4 Best for last...
#4 Baseline spin: This one just speaks for itself. Just watch the defender the whole time (green #23), he doesn't even know what just happened.

10 comments:

Jason said...

Did you travel in #4? You step left, pick up your dribble and step right, pivot on your right, step left, and then (here's the part I'm not sure about) step right twice in a row.

Is this legal or not? It seems to me that you might have first used your right foot as a pivot foot and then used your left foot as a pivot foot, but I'm not sure.

Darek and Amberli said...

Who do we got here, Making The Call with Ronnie Nunn? Upon further review of the instant replay in super slow-mo...we got ourselves just another brilliant move. The alleged slight stutter step you see is all part of my patented move ya see, just a little extra something to razzle dazzle the cheerleaders. Refs'll never call that on league superstars.

G. Sterling said...

wow,i havent laughed that hard in awhile. thanks for that. video 1: you passed the ball the first time you got it. no hesitation huh? plus you stood outside the whole play. ever heard of hustle or rebounding? the next 2 clips are mediocre at best. first you have to jump in order for it to be called a jumper. and everyone knows its unclassy to leave your hand up after a free throw. and video 3: i'll clear it up for you jason, yes 4 steps is a travel. i've seen marathon runners finish a race with less steps.

Darek and Amberli said...

Hahah, I'm gonna leave G's comment in here...classic idol worship, "he is of age, let him speak for himself" Plus, we've all seen G's ERH videos...6 years later that's still all the game he's got (burn diss cap!)

Mike said...

Yeah, it took me until I read the comments that I realized I wasn't watching The Office basketball episode.
Michael Scott:"Three!, what is wrong with me today?.....I usually hit those".

It was like I actually watching the episode again.

Tiffany said...

Hey berli,

Darek is super-fly on the court - had no idea! My David should have hooked up with your star for intermurals while they had the chance.

Thanks for you comments on my blog...

Guess what? We are going to be in Boston in two weeks! It was actually on my list of things to do today to email you about it.

My sis in law is graduating from BC. You don't have any extra floor space Fancypants, Schmese and I could crash on ??? We are excellent houseguests. David and I are both potty trained and we are really good about keeping a diaper on Max :).

Email me at tiffanyrueckertAThotmailDOTcom

Love ya!

G. Sterling said...

the mere fact that you have to post highlights of yourself playing bball is sad. for those of us who are true gamers, our legends live on in the anals (haha, not the anals your thinking of) of history. people will reminisce about players such as myself for millenia to come, while "highlight" videos of others will quickly fall into ignominiousness (i'll give you $100 if you know what that word means)

Boss Lady said...

I'm glad you've finally realized how it feels to play the big time, something I've known since 4th grade! You conveniently left out where the true credit belongs...to me! Where'd you learn perfect free throw form? The back-to-back free throw champ of course! The clutch 3s and moves down low? The amazing inside-outside skills of yours truly! Does the master ever truly worship the pupil? Hmmmm...

You also forgot to mention those were the only shots you made out of 30 taken! Yeah, waste!

What I actually liked best were Amberli's reactions. :)

- Jason "The Master" McCoy

Amy D. said...

Darek..I've never laughed harder. Please keep posting....that's what she said.

the mccoy's said...

I thought traveling was bad in the NBA, but it's nothing compared to Boston Ball. For a second there I thought I was watching someone playing rugby the way you picked up the ball and just ran with it.

As far as your patented saying (i.e Sweet Water Tre J) ... that's fine cause I got the patented moves. The whole "holding your hand in the air like you just don't care" is my signature move. I remember many a day at the stake center when you were on the receiving end of my infamous "golden rule follow through." I can't believe just because you got a little video of it you think it's yours. How many games did you have to video tape before you had something you could post? 10, 12, 15?