Friday, April 13, 2007

Well, Well, Well...

So apparently it doesn't matter whether or not I had a blog-worthy weekend last weekend because here we are again, at the weekend (thank my lucky stars!) and yet again my sad little blog is left postless and crying...

Well, I am happy to say that regardless of whether or not last weekend was bloggable I will tell you that above all things the enormous and most fabulous dish washer in existence is located in the Boston temple cafeteria and is indeed blog-worthy. Darek and I did a service shift last weekend in the cafeteria and although it was tiring and I ended up with two burns and a blister on my wrist from the many hot surfaces that insisted on reaching out to touch me, the dishwasher was by far the coolest and I offered to do dishes every chance I got. Very different from my at-home behavior.

So as the nice temple patrons placed their dirty dishes through the little window into my dish washing batcave I proceeded to expertly load the dishes into a tray then slide the tray into the large dish washing device, one huge metal item that I could probably fit inside myself if I curled up tight. I would then lower the large box-like encasement portion of the item and listen while a 150 degree HURRICANE occurred in said encasement blasting all leftover bits and pieces of tastey cafeteria food straight to Outer Darkness. Sixty seconds later I lifted the box like lid to find sparkling clean dishes ready to drip dry and be put away. Needless to say I had way too much fun with the contraption and was especially pleased by the showerhead-like item hanging from the ceiling that enabled me to shoot water in any direction my little heart desired. Being in the temple, of course, I had to maintain some level of reverence and Darek was spared the serious water fight I felt oh so tempted to initiate...Skyview 3 style!

Please stay posted for the everso exciting photos taken during our easter egg hunt last Sunday. Darek, as usual, looks stellar!

2 comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

Sounds like you had a swimmingly good time :)!!

Shauna Brown said...

Now that's hilarious!!! Way to refrain yourself, I know it took a lot!