Saturday, January 13, 2007

Since I am feeling especially appreciative of my apartment I decided to respond to Amy F's inquiry about what makes us happy around our houses...here goes...

I love this mosaic plate that I made a few years ago. It greets me when I walk into my apartment and today it makes me especially happy because I just hung it back up when I took the Christmas star down that had been occupying its spot for the last month.



My new bag, it's white and I think I love it! Plus it's on my colorful rug, which I definitely love! This bag is like Mary Poppins' bag, it holds everything and that's pretty great!


This trunk. It's pretty much the best street treasure I have ever obtained. Street treasures are plentiful here in Cambridge, so many people moving in and out all of the time and people just leave stuff on the sidewalk for their neighbors to take home and love...like me and this trunk. It's old and cool and I'm pretty sure it would cost me lots of dollars if I found it in an antique store! I lucked out!

Side note: I also love the picture of the lighthouse atop the trunk that I took in Maine, and the sad little plant in the background that has survived despite my abuse (I killed two of my five plants recently, mostly because we were out of town for so long)

The hard wood floor is also a favorite!


I was happy to find my six decks of Harley Davidson cards because I want to teach Darek how to play Canasta. I love playing card games but really only do it when I am visiting family. We played Canasta the last night we were in Salt Lake and I remembered not only how to play it (because I forget everytime between visits) but that I LOVE it! Not to mention my affinity for Harley Davidsons...


Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

Love the mosaic plate (you are incredible!) and the trunk. I love that you dumpster dive like me. My whole house is pretty much from D.I, Goodwill or the side of the street.

I love that I am Likely on your sidebar instead of Tiffany. ha ha.

Darek and Amberli said...

Yeah, I wasn't sure if I should list your name in case you like to kind of stay annonymous in the blogging world. Plus "likely" is so cute!

An Ordinary Mom said...

You have a knack for taking pictures of ordinary things and making them look interesting. Please share your talent!

We love Canasta. Hope Darek will play with you. Sometimes I have to twist DH's arm to get him to play with me. And speaking of DH, guess what? Can you guess? Maybe I will make you wait ...

No, I won't be that mean. He started his very own blog :) !!

Shauna Brown said...

I just wrote the longest comment ever and it got erased, what's that about!!!?? Anyways, I am so excited you found my blog. You really made my day and the next one! You look INCREDIBLE and so happy! What are you doing in Boston? I would love to live there. It sure looks like you are taking advantage of everything to do out there! I love your apartment and all of the pictures. I am so excited to stay in touch!! What I really love is that you saw my JT blog- he's the best!

Amy said...

i loved looking at all your cool stuff!!! i especially love the mosaic plate and that very, very cool trunk!!! what a find!

Nerd boy the second, aka Rudy said...

Hello there Boston McCoys. You know that sounds like a cool name for a TV show...We bring you...The Boston! McCoys! You guys sound famous already.

Anyway, I started a blog! And by the way, Lucy tagged Darek in my name and I am all for it. Come on, show us what you got. You know you want to start blogging.

Tiffany said...

by the way , I love that you call your bag Mary Poppins Bag. I always thought that scene was so cool.

Anonymous said...

its here

phentermine search ENGINE
phentermine
tramadol
Farm Search Engine

Anonymous said...

Cingular Ringtones
Pay Day Loan
Stop Smoking
Quit Smoking
Mosquito Ringtone
Free Nokia Ringtone
Nokia Ringtones
Polyphonic Ringtones
Nokia Ringtones
iphone
Free Ringtones
Pay Day Loan
Car Loan

Anonymous said...

Free Nokia Ringtone
Nokia Ringtones
Polyphonic Ringtones
Free Ringtones
Cingular Ringtones
Mosquito Ringtone
Cash Advance