Tuesday, December 19, 2006

So, it's been one of those days...

you know, those days when you are juggling three jobs and somehow miraculously find an extra hour in the middle of the day to stop by the gym for a quick spinning class, then speed home to take a quick shower before quickly speeding to your next job, only to discover on your way in the building that the building handy man was busy replacing the furnace, the furnace that was supposed to make your water hot for your quick shower before your next job, so you quickly assess your options: option A) no shower (not really an option after a spinning class), and option B) ice cold shower. Against your warm blooded judgement you choose option B, only to be filled with regret and goosebumps as you stick your head under the tap in an attempt to wash your nappy hair...etc...etc...needless to say it was a busy, cold day! But not without it's rewards as I have almost wrapped up all responsibilities with job #2 and job #3 and will soon enjoy only job #1! Hooray!

Plus, who could be sad about a busy day when you know that in just four more busy days you'll be flying across the country because it's only...


Hooray! This makes me soooo happy! This month has been flying by and I'm sad that I haven't been able to enjoy the Christmas season as much as I would have liked but nevertheless I am thrilled to see my family and hang out for TWO weeks!

Thank you to all you sweet, on-the-ball people who have sent us Christmas cards. They are currently gracing our entry way (as pictured below) and it has been fun to see recent pictures of all you beautiful people and your darling kids!

If you haven't gotten our Christmas card yet, never fear, one should be finding you...next year, because I vetoed Christmas cards this year! Merry Christmas to me! Maybe a New Year's card...but don't hold your breath!


Finally, my hecticly busy, melted-snow-ice-water-cold day was greatly improved by my new blond roots! Sorry for the cheesy candid putting-my-hair-in-a-ponytail picture, but who could resist blogging such blog worthy blond roots! When I saw my oldest brother last Christmas for the first time in a year the first thing he did was look, with disgust and confusion on his face, at my dark hair and say, "So dark!" as if I were no longer a true Roper. Hopefully he'll recognize his little sister this year!


 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

Love the hair ... and how many Roper's are really still truly blonde :) ?!?

Can't believe you took an ice cold FRIGID shower. You are crazy!

Darren and Tisha said...

I love your hair! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS! Yeah! Just a few days away!