Saturday, December 02, 2006

But my gas light is always on...


It has been one of those weeks. Sorry for the blogging hiatus but I spent three of the five days this week in bed. I've been a little sick, but I'm hanging in there. I'm sad to say that I am missing out on the New York girls weekend with Packy, Kamilah, Cathy and Kelly! Oh to think of all the shopping that is going on without me! Sorry ladies, to miss out on the fun!

So, I should have taken it as a sign to just stay in bed Monday morning when five minutes after leaving my house my car decided to shut off, zero power, total ka-put, right in the middle of the intersection of Quincy and Cambridge streets, behind the fire station...in mid morning traffic...with very kind Bostonians honking and speeding around me, throwing me friendly hand getures and threatenting to take my life as I made their morning commute longer. Luckily a police man came to my rescue, called the tow truck and direceted traffic around me (because I play the damsel in distress part oh so well)...while I did my make up in my car. Embarassing!

So anyway, the tow guy came and took my car the mechanics. They were the nicest guys and of course kept making fun of me because my gas light was on, which in their minds was the reason why my car sputtered to a sad little halt, refusing to come back to life. I explained to them that my gas light is always on, that we just watch the miles to know when to refill it and that I still had plenty of gas. As diplomatically as possible they said they were just going to check the gas to rule it out...well, one gallon of gas later, I was on my happy little way, in my perfectly running car! They were really nice, although very amused by my stupidity, and didn't charge me anything. I gave them a good laugh to start off their week! I like to believe that I'm not an airhead, but seriously??? Running out of gas??? And honestly believing that your car has met its final doom, when in reality you just need a little gas??? Come on!

So anyway - the week was all downhill from there, but I must say that in my sleepy bed ridden state I did find the time and energy to get some Christmas decorations up and let me tell you that I'm loving it! Sadly, just as I started to feel better the 60 degree weather which I had beem missing out on all week got so windy that when I did leave the house for a bit last night, I thought I'd blow away! Maybe winter has finally arrived?

Anyway, I hope you are all well and enjoying this holiday season! You can't beat this time of year! Happy Holidays!!!
 Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

geoff wright said...

Berli-I'm sorry to hear you've been so sick!! Glad you're doing better now. I can't believe your car fiasco-so frustrating! I can only guess that Derelique will never let you live that one down.

An Ordinary Mom said...

Running out of gas must run in the family : )!! It has happened to your dear brother at least twice, back in the college days. One time I think your Dad was rather furious at having to rescue him. At least you got to play the damsel in distress - did you get any tears flowing? It is probably a good thing, too, that they didn't charge you an arm and a leg to tell you you needed some gas!

Glad to hear that you are feeling better! That makes us happy :) !!

Amy D. said...

Ok...Dov and I are rolling at this story. I remember driving in that car all over your blessed state and always thinking we were going to run out of gas. I can't believe that was actually the problem!! So embarassing..but I'm sure they all had a good laugh about it after you left.

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone, I'm new! ..... just made my profile. Everyone says I need to share

something so I Just thought I'd let you know a place where I made an extra $800 last month!
Click here to find out more!
Be sure to check out my new page. :)

Darek and Amberli said...

Oh they they didn't wait until I left to have a good laugh about it! They had plenty of laughs while I was still there! It was embarassing, but I must admit, funny!

Amy said...

that is halarious!!!

so sorry you havent been feeling well...

KamilahNYC said...

So funny!!!