Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Dinner...
Sorry Wang Chungs!
So, I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving tomorrow! And I have to make the yams for the little Thanksgiving shin dig that we will be at (thank you Lows). Does anyone out there have the best yams recipe in the world that they would like to share?
Also, a little thought on gratitude for your grateful thinking today...
"True gratitude is the ability to humbly see, feel, and even receive love. Gratitude is a form of returning love to God. Recognize His hand, tell Him so, express your love to Him. As you come to truly know the Lord, you will find an intimate, sacred relationship built on trust. You will come to know He understands your anguish and will, in compassion, always respond to you in love."

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!


3 comments:

KamilahNYC said...

I say don't make yams, but make sweet potatoes and put brown sugar and marshmellows - they will be a hit! Happy EATING!!!

An Ordinary Mom said...

We Americans tend to call yams and sweet potatoes the same thing, but they really are different. However, if you are like most Americans you think they are the same thing : ) !! I don’t think the US really markets yams, but what we call yams are really sweet potatoes. But enough, on that : ) !!

I love to make Candied Sweet Potatoes, and they are super easy. And, even your dear brother eats them : ) !!

In the oven I bake about 5 sweet potatoes in their skin at 350 until they are tender all the way through (use the poke with a fork test). I then take them out and let them cool. After they are cool, you remove them from their skin and slice them. Then in a 9*9 or 9*13 pan (I normally spray it with PAM) you layer half of the potatoes. Then spread some butter (about 1 T) and brown sugar (about 3 T) over them. Then layer the second half and spread some more butter and brown sugar over them. Use as much or as little butter and brown sugar as you like. The potatoes already have a sweet taste to them to begin with. Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes until the potatoes are glazed. Sprinkle the top with marshmallows and bake for 5 more minutes. ENJOY!

P.S. Who wrote this quote? I love it! Thanks for sharing.

Darek and Amberli said...

Yeah, I actually only eat sweet potatoes too, never yams, and I know that there is a difference, I just said yams because that's the standard thanksgiving side dish - but I'm for sure doing sweet potatoes! Thanks for the recipe! I'm excited!

I can't believe I forgot to list the person who said the quote, I'm pretty sure it was President Hinckley, but i read a bunch of things this morning and now I can't remember for sure! Oops!